A few weeks ago, I was nominated at the Liebster Awards by Jennifer Menard from the blog beyondthebridge.fr. Thanks!
The principle of this award, given by a blogger to another blogger, is to share and encourage people to discover new blogs.I have learnt that it has German origins – the word “liebster” has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing etc (nice right?)In practice, it is simple: give 11 random facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you and then nominate up to 11 blogs with 11 of your questions.
11 RANDOM FACTS:
- On top of being an art lover, I love to bake. My grand mother wrote cookbooks so when I use her recipes; she’s still a bit there.
- I am a Janeite.For the non-expert, it means being a fan of Jane Austen. I have read so many spin off, sequels and seen all the movies and TV adaptations of her novels. It’s like chocolate it’s an addiction!
- I have no religion but I do believe in a sort of spirituality. I like to think that we have several lives and that there is a meaning to all of this, that not everything is material.
- I love dachshunds because they are so funny and mine was the best dog. Therefore I love David Hockney’s drawing of his dachshunds!
- I was born in Kinshasa in Zaire (now RDC) in Africa just under the equator.
- After Africa, I spend my first years in the south of France. So I caught the southern accent, which I lost moving to Paris. But I have it in my ears J
- I love books and going to libraries. I’m lucky the libraries around me are great and very precious in my research for my current series.
- Many of my favorite movies are from Claude Lelouch. So I was very happy to see him in person during a conference in New York a few months ago.
- I’ve seen all the Marilyn Monroe movies (where she had a solo role), I love musicals in general the ones from the golden age of Hollywood in particular.
- I have recorded a CD as one of the solo roles in a musical when I was a university student.
- I love pink, jewels and things that sparkle. Yes I’m a girl!
- How did you choose the name of your blog?
- I like the blog The Jealous Curator and I wanted a name that was reflecting who I am and leave me enough freedom for the editorial. Et voila! The Curious Frenchy.
- Three words which describe you best
Artlover, optimist, epicurean
- What makes you happy?
Sharing good times with my family and friends. And doing what I love doing, working as an artist.
- Your best travel souvenir?
My first trip back to Congo when I was 15. I discovered the African continent and it seemed magical. Then, my 2 trips to Kenya. I felt I was in “Out of Africa” all the time.
- You prefer tea, coffee or rosé?
No hesitation, Tea that I drink all day long. I’m among the 3% of French who never have coffee!
- Your favorite quote
“Art does not reproduce the visible, rather it makes visible” Paul Klee
- Your current playlist?
I like to plug in the radio or listen to crooners like Harry Connick Jr and Michael Bubble. Also when I paint, I like to listen to some podcasts about art. This way I learn new stuff while painting!
- Your favorite word in English?
Butterfly. Isn’t a funny word?
- If you were a dessert, which one would you be?
I love pies… my favorite is Lemon Pie. I guess I can be sweet (most of the time!) and sometimes sour (nobody’s perfect!)
- People who inspire you?
Resilient people, people who get involved in a cause, people who reinvent themselves, people who follow their passion, survivors… The list is long. It’s what led me to create my blog!
- The country or city you like the most?
Paris is my hometown and I have so many fond memories there. I also have a fondness for the Provence, where I spent my early years and my summers.
BLOGS I NOMINATE:
- Why did you start a blog?
- What do you like doing most?
- Are you more sweet or savory?
- What is your favorite fiction female hero?
- If you could meet anyone dead or alive, who would it be?
- Your dream project?
- What is your favorite movie and why?
- Your favorite recipe?
- For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
- Give a tip for other bloggers or potential blog starters:
- Name the top 3 most beautiful places you know:
- Pourquoi as tu crée un blog ?
- Quelle est ton activité préférée ?
- Plutôt sucré ou salé ?
- Quelle est ton héroïne de fiction préférée ?
- Si tu pouvais rencontrer une personne, vivante ou non, cela serait qui ?
- Le projet de tes rêves ?
- Ton film préféré et pourquoi ?
- Ta recette préférée ?
- De quoi dans ta vie te sens-tu le plus reconnaissant ?
- Un conseil pour un aspirant blogger ou un debutant ?
- Nomme les 3 plus beaux endroits que tu connais